Formulated by and named after Light Elegance owner and head chemist, Jim McConnell, JimmyGel is a soak-off building gel in a bottle that can perform services ranging from fast natural nail manicures to long, elegant extensions with ease. JimmyGel is formulated to soak-off for complete product removal, but it is unique in the fact that it can be used under either soak-off gel polish or hard gel products. Now clients that want 4+ week wear offered by hard gels and the ability to completely remove their enhancements without filing on the natural nail can.
- JimmyGel’s brush-bottle design saves time on every extension service.
- JimmyGel has the ideal balance of strength and flexibility incorporating gel technology perfected by years of R&D with the Lexy Line building gels.
- JimmyGel holds its shape on a form beautifully for less filing to get the shape you want. Due to the strength of the formulation, JimmyGel doesn’t wear along the free edge like so many gels.
- JimmyGel is formulated to file quickly with little effort for easy shaping of extensions.
- Versatility is the key to JimmyGel. From thin to thick, short to long, JimmyGel can perform the service your client requires quickly and easily.
- Because it is formulated for use under any hard gel or soak-off gel, JimmyGel opens up the entire library of LE Glitter Gels, LE Color Gels, ButterCreams and gel polishes for countless art possibilities and every client’s preference.
- JimmyGel’s brush-bottle is appealing to manicure clients accustomed to using nail polish and makes a transition to long-lasting gel services quick and easy.
- JimmyGel’s new colours offer the perfect shade for every serviceand any skin tone!
Is JimmyGel HEMA free?
Like all Light Elegance gels, JimmyGel is 100% HEMA free!
What is the soak off time?
20-25 minutes when soaking thin layer of JimmyGel after removing any hard gel(s) on top and extra thickness.
Can I use with non Light Elegance products?
JimmyGel is compatible with most gels on the the market, but performance can only be guaranteed when using Light Elegance gels.
What is the cure time for JimmGel?
We recommend 1 minute LED or 2 minutes UV, but you may find that it cures faster with thin applications. When applying for fast one-step manicures, cure for 2 minutes using the “120s” hard gel button in the LEDdot for high shine!
I want to be able to offer all my hard gel colors to my soak off clients. What is the protocol of using JimmyGel with hard gel?
JimmyGel acts as a soak-off suspension system under any Light Elegance hard gel color or Lexy Line gel, which makes it perfect for soak-off clients that want to know the product can be completely removed using acetone. For removal, the hard gel must be filed completely off to allow the acetone to come in contact with the JimmyGel using a hand or eFile. We recommend also removing as much of the JimmyGel as possible with a file to reduce the soak-off time.
How many applications of JimmyGel per bottle?
20-40 depending on length of nail.
What is the Cost Per Service?
£0.66 depending on length of nail.
Can JimmyGel be soaked off?
It can! If you apply hard gels over it, you must, of course, file through the hard gel to allow the acetone to come in contact with the JimmyGel. Like any soak-off gel, the thicker the application, the longer the soak time, so removing as much of the JimmyGel as possible before soaking will reduce the soak time for complete removal. You can also do fast fills with JimmyGel and don't need to soak off completely every time for repeat clients!
What is the best way to soak JimmyGel off?
For fastest removal, we recommend removing all products on top of the JimmyGel with a hand or eFile, filing the JimmyGel down to remove 90% of the JimmyGel, then soaking the JimmyGel in acetone for complete removal if desired by the client. We always recommend performing fills on top of the existing, reshaped JimmyGel and exposing the natural nail to acetone only if complete removal is desired by the client for prolonged nail health.
If you didn’t want to soak it off can you do an in fill with this?
JimmyGel is formulated to be great for in-fills! While you can soak off completely, we recommend in-fills to save time and product!
Can JimmyGel be used just as a base coat? Or does it have to be slightly built up to last?
JimmyGel is flexible and lasts really well in just a thin coat over the natural nail. Adding structure is of course recommended for extensions.