ASK THE EXPERT! NIMUE EDUCATION AMBASSADOR NICOLA MURRAY TALKS TARGETED EYE TREATMENTS…
Posted by Nicola Murray on 13th Feb 2022
Nimue Education Ambassador, Nicola Murray
What issues can affect the skin around the eye area and why?
Common concerns around the eye area are lines and wrinkles. The skin around the eye area is around 40% thinner than the rest of the face which makes it more susceptible to damage. The major factor in ageing around the eyes is UV exposure. UV increases the breakdown in collagen and elastin. Age also causes a reduction in collagen and elastin, as well as fat deposits around the eye area which gives them a puffy appearance. Dark circles are another common concern and can be caused by lack of sleep. As the skin around the eyes is thin, the fragile blood vessels underneath can become more apparent. A secondary cause of darkening around the eyes can be hyperpigmentation which is caused by an increase in melanin production in this area.This can be due to hormones, medication or UV exposure.
What products, ingredients and treatments can help address such concerns as wrinkles/fine lines, dark circles, puffiness etc.?
Nimue Eye Serum is a lightweight formulation that has a brightening effect on dark circles and decreases blue tones around the eyes. It decreases fat deposits which reduces puffiness and has a firming and hydrating effect on the eye area.
- Palmitoyl Pentapeptide and Palmitoyl Tripeptide 3 which is firming and rejuvenating, and stimulates collagen formation
- Ubiquinone - A powerful antioxidant that prevents cell damage. It also reduces dryness and smoothes the skin texture.
- Botanical Complex – This reduces puffiness and dark circles
Nimue Eye Serum - shop here
Nimue Anti-Ageing Eye Cream is a light textured eye cream with high performance actives and advanced peptides that firm and rejuvenate, working on fine lines and wrinkles. It fights under eye fatigue and reduces puffiness.
- Cyclotetrapeptide – For an improvement in firmness & elasticity.
- GGP - Improves cellular communication and fights against free radicals.
- Filling spheres - Plumps and smoothens the skin’s surface.
Nimue Eye Cream - shop here
Nimue AI Eye Serum assists in restructuring the skin layers, focusing on the dynamics of OMICS. It optimises cellular energy, resulting in refreshed skin. It is detoxifying to the skin cells, thus repairing glycation damage.
Clinical trials concede 80% increase in skin elasticity and 53% decrease in wrinkle depth after 14 days.
- Chicory Root Extract- Repairs and moisturises
- Hydrolysed Myrtle leaf Extract - Increases cellular longevity, preserving the skins youthfulness
- Calendula Flower Extract - Increases skin elasticity and tone
- Sorghum Bicolour Stalk Juice - Provides an immediate lifting and tightening effect and smoothens the skin surface
Nimue ai Eye Serum - shop here
What is the best practice for applying products to the eye area? When should they be used by clients in their daily routine?
All eye creams/serums should be used morning and night after cleansing the skin. They can be applied to both top lids, under eye and areas around the eye where lines are present. They should be applied with ring fingers to ensure less pressure and reduce the risk of damaging the thin skin.