Stand out in the concrete jungle and embrace bright hues full of possibility with the Summer City Chic Collection from CND™. Experience the vibrance of street art and the boldness it takes to make it in the city with shades that are unique, iconic, and empowering.
Popsicle Picnic, a blazing yellow-orange.
The CND Summer City Chic collection is the first to be formulated with CND’s exciting new optically bright colour formula that have a natural translucency to them. We’ve had reports of some rare instances where a couple of the new, brighter-pigmented colours were fading, especially with prolonged sunlight and UV exposure. As a result, CND recommend that you should layer these colours over complementary tones to maximise the colour pop – see list below:
- Beach Escape – Tropix: ‘Tropix Escape Duo’. only available in Shellac
- Sangria – Wildfire: ‘Wild Sangria Duo’
- Pop-up Pool Party – Aqua-instance: ‘Aqua Pool Party Duo’
- Rooftop Hop – Dreamcatcher: 'Dream From The Rooftops’, only available in Shellac
- Popsicle Picnic – B-Day Candle: ‘Birthday Picnic Duo’
We’ve also had a lot of positive feedback about the collection from you, our customers. Most of you haven’t experienced any fading issues at all, and a lot of you have already started layering the colours to great effect.
Moving forward, we’re reducing the price each of the new City Chic colours by 25%. We’re also offering you 2-bottle layering bundles with each City Chic collection colour and their complimentary colours from CND range, again with a 25% discount. Both discounts apply to both Shellac and Vinylux. As per CND’s recommendation, you should use one layer of the complimentary colour beneath two coats of the Summer City Chic colour to obtain the best results for your customers. Search for Colour Tech Layering in the navigation bar to see the full range.
CND remain committed to delivering you the highest quality colours possible. They want to provide you, our Professional, with the bright neon colors that you desire, but also have an obligation to provide them in a safe and compliant way. They will continue to develop ground-breaking technology and safe and premium quality products that cater to the needs of Nail Professionals everywhere. And Sweet Squared support them on this journey.
How to use
CND™ PRODUCTS REQUIRED:
Step 1: SEAL THE EDGE
Sealing the edge of the nail first eliminate product build-up during service and provides a perfect seal, even on the shortest nails.
- Pull coated brush from the bottle. Wipe both sides on neck to remove excess polish while flattening brush hairs on both sides.
- With the flattened brush, colour a thin line along the free edge of the nail to seal and ensure complete coverage.
Step 2: BEAD IN THE MIDDLE
Placing the brush in the centre of the nail first, eliminates flooding the cuticle line with polish, and provides precise application and coverage.
- Pull brush from bottle scooping a small bead into one side. Flatten and drain other side on bottle’s neck.
- Place bead in centre of nail and glide it down to the free edge. Lift brush up, angle finger down and ease brush towards the cuticle line, putting slight pressure on brush. Glide brush towards free edge to complete centre coverage.
Step 3: ROTATE RIGHT
Note: Do not re-dip the brush. The bead created in the previous step should be large enough to coat the entire nail.
- Rotate finger right and pull back lateral fold so left side of nail is clearly visible.
- Using left side of brush, apply colour over left side of nail, following contour of sidewall as closely as possible from cuticle line to free edge.
Step 4: ROTATE LEFT
- Rotate finger left and pull back lateral fold so right side of nail is clearly visible.
- Using right side of brush, apply colour over right side of nail, following contour of sidewall as closely as possible from cuticle line to free edge.
Step 5: REPEAT & REFINE
- Repeat and refine with each layer of colour to provide additional coverage, refining and perfecting the tiny free margin.
If you've been in love with our Popsicle Picnic shade, then you're in for a treat! Gypsy is your next go-to shade. This charming shade is a versatile yellow-toned orange, perfect for uplifting your spirits any day of the week. But, that's not all! Allow us to introduce you to Silky Sienna. This shade is a subtly toned-down pumpkin orange, delivering an impeccable balance between vibrant and muted.