22 APRIL 2021 – NATIONAL EARTH DAY!
22nd Apr 2021
Earth Day. The day dedicated to driving energy, commitment and using our enthusiasm to create a new plan of action for our planet. The mission is to educate, diversify and activate the environmental movement worldwide. Our world needs a transformational change. We need to be accountable for the environmental crisis that is happening and create solutions. As an individual, you can create change and influence the community for the better.
To celebrate Earth Day, we want to highlight some of KEVIN.MURPHY’s eco-friendly tips which we hope will influence your behaviour in helping the environment. KEVIN.MURPHY believes in giving back to the environment with every action they take. Everything from the packaging to the ingredients sourced to each small endeavour that KEVIN.MUPHY participates in; these are all conscious decisions to help reduce their global impact on the environment.
Here are 5 eco-friendly recycling tips from Kevin to make a positive impact on the planet.
- “Try not to buy pre-diluted cleaning chemicals with single-use containers. Instead, choose concentrated, eco-friendly cleaning products and add your own water, and don’t forget to refill and reuse spray bottles. This will help to reduce packaging waste, and eliminate the need for carbon-emissions related to transportation.”
- “Purchase reusable products instead of disposable products to reduce your contribution to landfills. There are many environmentally friendly, reusable alternatives that not only save you money but also offer a cleaner option for the environment. Use glasses and reusable coffee cups, and take a travel cup to your local coffee house. Disposable coffee cups can’t be recycled, so bringing your own reusable cup will help reduce waste. In addition, using reusable shopping bags at the store will significantly reduce your reliance on single-use plastic bags.”
- “Consult with your energy supplier in order to understand your energy bill and any penalty charges that can be reduced or avoided. Determining how much electricity is used at night may also reveal areas for saving. Display-lighting should only be installed for spotlighting selected displays and not as general, ongoing illumination. Keep your lighting on a reduced level and only switch on display lighting just before opening time. Consider installing dimmer switches to dial down electricity fees.”
- “Consider using Intelligent Energy Monitoring to shut down devices when they are not in use. During ‘sleep mode’, a signal is sent via USB cable to the plug board in your device, and specific sockets on the board are shut down. This applies to devices such as printers, scanners, monitors, external speaker systems, hot rollers, curlers and flat irons.”
- “Run a full dishwasher whenever possible — it uses half or even less of the water and energy of washing the same dishes by hand. Don’t waste water by rinsing before loading; today’s machines are designed to power off the mess.”
Hopefully, these 5 tips from Kevin have given you ideas on how you can start making small changes that will have a hugely positive impact on our planet.
Happy Earth Day!