At Sweet Squared, it’s our customers who are at the heart of what we do, so that’s why we’ve teamed up with four of techs to create summer themed edits, designed for the pro, by the pro. Let’s catch up with Jemma who’s curated CND Mediterranean Moments themed edit:
How long have you been in the industry?
What do you love about CND™?
I love that CND™ has always been a trusted and reputable brand with the Nail Tech at the heart of everything they do! I started using it 2010 in my first salon job and its still on my shelves 11 years later.
What is your favourite summer colour from CND™?
It's got to be Hot Pop Pink, its the perfect summer pink.
What is your ‘can’t live without’ product from CND™?
Definitely the iconic SolarOil™, I always have a bottle in my bedside table to help me to remember to use it! It's a life saver for dry cuticles and skin.
What’s the best thing about our industry?
The best thing about our industry is the Nail community and over lockdown I feel like its gotten even stronger. We've all connected a lot more through social media, it's no longer a big deal to message another Nail Tech and ask what they use for example, without thinking you're being nosy! Everyone is happy to help each other.
What’s your top tech tip?
Prep is everything!! I bang on about it all the time, but if you want your clients nails to last and to stay in good condition, the foundations need to be perfect. Don't be afraid to spend time on your prep.
What’s your anthem to your summer?
Say So, Doja Cat
Jemma’s edit has been influenced by beautiful Greek Island of Kos. Reminiscing of a pre-covid carefree time, sipping on beach bar cocktails and watching the sunset over the white and blue domes that grace the Greek island. The pink and orange tones are inspired by the fuchsia flowers that scatter the island. Check out the three looks she’s created and how you can replicate these for your clients:
Summer Waves Design
1. Apply a layer of Veiled to create a natural base & cure.
2. Paint a wavy line across the nail in Aqua-Intance, apply up to the tips & cure.
3. Start painting out thinner, random wavy lines in Cream Puff with a striping brush and overlap them across the Veiled and Aqua-Intance colour. The lines shouldn’t be too structured so it's best not to over think it and make them as organic and random as possible.
5. Apply Shellac™ Top Coat, cure & wipe.
6. Finish with a generous dose of SolarOil™ and massage in to the nail and surrounding skin.
Smokey Marble Design
1. Start with your chosen base colour or simply just a basecoat and cure.
3. Apply a generous layer of Wear Extender Basecoat onto the nail but do not cure.
4. Take a flat Gel brush and sweep it straight across the lines of colour in the palette.
5. Keep your brush relatively flat and lightly swirl and wave it across the nail.
6. Take a striping brush to marble any colours that you would like to stand out more.
7. Don't cure straight away, let the colours start to disperse in the basecoat for a minute and then cure.
8. Apply a line of Cream Puff straight down the middle of the nail and cure.
9. Apply Shellac™ Top Coat, cure & wipe.
10. Finish with a generous dose of SolarOil™ and massage in to the nail and surrounding skin.
Summer Swirls Design
1. Apply a layer of Bouquet for a natural pink base colour and cure.
3. On 2 of the nails keep one side free of colour and use Hot Pop Pink to create flower petals.
4. Use Cream Puff to create thick lines between the 2 wavy colours and to create accents on the petals and cure.
5. Take a dotting tool and use Blackpool to create random dots on the thicker line of white, cure.
6. Apply Shellac™ Top Coat, cure & wipe.